- Published: 24 April 2017 24 April 2017
Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at (937) 535-1000.
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Streets Promotional Positions - internal only
All applicants must fill out a Promotional Application for consideration to be promoted to Equipment Operator I or III. The exams will be conducted on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at the City Building: the Equipment Operator I is at 9:00 a.m. and the Equipment Operator III is at 11:00 a.m.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with CDL Class B endorsement
- Currently employed within the Street Division
- Employees may only test for the Classification directly above them
- A score of 70 percent or higher is needed to pass the written exam
- There will be a two (2) hour time limit to complete the exam
- Protest period following the written exams expires May 19, 2017
- Protests on questions must be submitted to the Clerk of Council by 4:30 p.m. May 19, 2017, on the form provided by the Merit System Commission
- The Merit System Commission will meet to determine the outcome of the protested questions
- Ties will be broken by seniority points
As part of the process for promotion, an examination will be constructed, administered and scored by the Merit System Commission. The examination will consist of 150 multiple choice and true/false question
Part-Time & Seasonal Recreation Monitors - until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking staff members for its ongoing year around and summer seasonal programs. Qualified candidates must have experience in youth, senior, sports, nutritional, and/or fitness programming. Successful candidates must have exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work nights, evenings, weekends/holidays and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Recreation Monitors work under the general supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Recreation Coordinator, Operations Manager and/or Recreation Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire.
Part-Time Seasonal Laborer - until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) part-time Seasonal Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the part-time Seasonal Laborer is $8.35 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-Time Secretary - until position is filled
Hiring Part-time Secretary for administrative support, primarily receptionist duties in the City’s Municipal Building for approximately 22-25 hours per week. Interested applicants should be proficient in MS Office software, and type 50 wpm. Salary is $12.79 per hour. Please submit resume, salary history, and 3 business references.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel or Lieutenant Doug Baumgartner; both at 535-1140 for questions.
Ways to apply for Employment: